Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, the eighth-generation Pokémon games for Nintendo Switch, will be released worldwide on Nov. 15, 2019, The Pokémon Company announced on Wednesday during a Pokémon Direct livestream.
Starting today, Pokémon fans can pre-order a double pack of the game, which includes both Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Here’s a look at that double pack and the box art for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, featuring new legendaries Zacian and Zamazenta.
Pokémon Sword and Shield – A new generation of Pokémon is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system.
Become a Pokémon Trainer, embark on a new journey in the new Galar region, and unravel the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta! Explore the Wild Area, a vast expanse of land where the player can freely control the camera. And participate in Max Raid Battles*** in which players will face off against gigantic and super-strong Pokémon known as Dynamax Pokémon.Begin your adventure by choosing one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble and encounter new and familiar Pokémon as you catch, battle, and trade. Players can control the camera and explore the vast areas around them in the Wild Area. Team up with other players locally or online in the new multiplayer co-op Max Raid Battles. Trainers who possess the special item Dynamax Band can Dynamax their own Pokémon. Get ready for the next Pokémon adventure in the Pokémon™ Sword and Pokémon™ Shield games.
- Catch, battle, and trade Pokémon on an all-new adventure in the Galar region
- Choose from three new partner Pokémon and encounter never-before-seen Pokémon
- Unravel the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta!
- Players can control the camera in the vast Wild Area
- Team up with other Trainers to participate in Max Raid Battles***!
- Battle wild Dynamax Pokémon in Max Raid Battles and try catching them***
Source: Nintendo, Polygon